Office positions are very seldom available however, we do appreciate any submissions to be reviewed. Please click HERE for the screening form for an office position. We love to receive applications for Guiding positions from people with upbeat, positive personalities. Trainings take place throughout the summer however, the first one takes place in April. Our next training session will begin the last week of July.
Your training period will last a minimum of 50 hours; you will not be ready to guide on your own until you’ve completed your first month of employment. Highly suggested: if you are applying to work for us one month prior to going back to school, we encourage you to apply in the early spring unless you are a local who is in the area year-round.
We currently are hiring for the summer and fall months, with training to commence in late summer.
- Not recommended for those with a fear of heights.
- Not recommended for those who cannot be in an outdoor setting, standing and walking for less than 3 hours.
- Not recommended for those who are claustrophobic or have issues with personal space as our course is very cozy.
- Must possess a PERSONABLE, POSITIVE, ENTHUSIASTIC and OUTGOING personality.
- Must be RESPONSIBLE, DEDICATED, PUNCTUAL and have a good understanding of RISK MANAGEMENT.
- Must be able to hike uphill and climb ladders up to 30 feet high.
- Excellent balance is a very good quality to possess!
- 18 years of age or older.
- Furnish proof of a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to acquire CPR, First Aid and AED certifications at your own expense.
- Required to pass training (both written and practical examinations).
- Lead Guides are required to obtain a NYS Class E Driver’s License at their own cost – company will reimburse after 6 months of employment.
- Support Guides – experience preferred but not required.
- Lead Guides – 3 or more months experience on a zipline/challenge course or similar setting required for consideration.
- Course inspection and maintenance.
- Conducting course tours (2-10 people) and large groups (10-60 people).
- Risk management.
- Business promotion.
- Reservations as well as other office duties such as housekeeping.
PREFACE TO SCREENING FORM:
At Big Bear Ziplines, Inc. we strive to hire the best employees who will provide a professional, fun and safe atmosphere. Safety is our upmost priority as accidents are no accident. Our employees must be able to multi-task and keep their minds clear and focused.
As a Support or Lead Guide, it is IMPERATIVE that you realize the risk you are taking with this position. You are responsible for the lives and safety of the people in your tour including yourself and your co-workers. Your attention must be at all times on your surroundings and every detail no matter how large or small. At the same time, you must be able to entertain those around you and present a fun, exciting and engaging atmosphere. If you do not understand what it means to manage the risk of those around you, please speak with the General Manager or Course Manager for further clarification.
THERE ARE TWO STEPS TO APPLYING FOR A POSITION AT BIG BEAR ZIPLINES:
- Print out the PDF Employment Application<<< click on the words. Fill out the application and send to Big Bear Ziplines using one of the following methods:
- Snail Mail: 817 Violet Avenue Hyde Park, NY 12538 ATTN: Human Resources
- Fax: 845.233.5661 ATTN: Human Resources SUBJECT: Employment
- Email: email@example.com ATTN: Human Resources SUBJECT: Employment
- Scan and attach it in it’s appropriate field on the form below.
- Fill out the form below and submit it.